Following the success of previous Network Meetings and feedback from schools, the Bradford Music Education Hub is pleased to announce the next date for the Primary Music Teacher’s Network Meeting.
Who For: Bradford based Primary School staff that teach and/or coordinate Music in their schools.
When & Where: Thursday 10th February 2022, 4pm – 5.30pm, Online – virtual meeting
Music Guidance – Covid Update
CPD – Planning a music curriculum – Music Review guidelines & Fantastique! for Schools
Updates for Out of the Ark – Sparkyard
School’s Prom & Bradford Music Education Conference info
Register by completing the form below:
8TH Annual Music Education Conference 2022
Tuesday 8 March 2022
Please put this date in your diary – following our recent survey, we are hoping this will be a face to face event but this is subject to change following Government guidance.
More information, including how to register, will follow shortly.
Bradford Music Hub have agreed to support the Skylar’s Missing Note project. 15 schools can now get the project for an offset cost of just £250 (additional workshops costing £50 per class.)
Skylar’s Missing Note
Key Stage 1 in School Music Performance – available in Spring term
Leeds International Piano Competition began in 1963 and is globally renowned for celebrating the piano, we are also committed to providing musical experiences which utilise the magical instrument of the piano as a tool for teaching and inspiring pupils. From January 2022 Leeds International Piano Competition, Manic Chord Theatre, Leeds and Bradford Music Hubs are thrilled to be delivering an innovative and impactful musical and theatrical music experience which is available now to book for your Key Stage 1 pupils.
During this memorable and spectacular in-school experience your pupils will:
– Learn about the core elements of music – pitch, tempo, dynamics and more
– Experience and engage with a national curriculum enhancing performance
– Be immersed in a magical and memorable adventure
– Discover the piano in a playful and enjoyable story
– Be encouraged to play, understand and respond to music
– Take part in a Covid-safe interactive and participatory workshop
– Develop listening and language skills
– Attend an educational and enjoyable event within your own school setting, no need to travel
Here is our wonderful promo video to give you a flavour of the performance:
Booking for The Halle Youth concerts LIVE at The Bridgewater Hall on Tue 1 March, Wed 2 March and Thu 3 March is now open with the theme for 2022 being Citizenship. For more information, and details on how to book please click to visit the Halle website.
Primary Network Meeting – November 2021
Please click the link Primary Network Nov 21 – Slides to access the information that was shared as part of the Primary Network Meeting on 8 November 2021. Thank you for attending the meeting, and if you have any further questions please contact Fiona.Park@bradford.gov.uk
Bradford Music & Arts Service and IVE have joined forces to launch an exciting, unique offer, exclusively for 15 schools located in the Bradford District through the Artsmark award.
Artsmark award is a creative quality standard for education settings, accredited by Arts Council England, supporting settings to:
• Embed creativity in your school curriculum and drive whole school improvement
• Implement a wealth of creative experiences for your pupils, in turn building character, developing pupil voice, unlocking potential
• Provide pupils with access to the experiences and skills necessary to equip them for life
For more information, please follow the link: https://www.bradfordmusiconline.co.uk/site/schools/artsmark-school-improvement/
Discounted Sing Up Membership!
We’re writing to let you know that Bradford Music Education Hub is subsidising the cost of Sing Up Membership for schools (worth up to £295 plus VAT).
Singing aids learning, inspires creativity, creates strong communities and is a powerful medium to improve health and wellbeing and Sing Up offers the following benefits:
- Sing Up Music – a full year’s scheme of work for every age group up to age 11 to support a creative and active musical approach to lessons, connecting singing and playing, composing and improvising, listening and appraising.
- Access to Sing Up’s vast Song Bank, specially arranged to promote good vocal health for young voices. Filter by age, style, theme, scoring or music topic.
- Recovery curriculum resources, using songs to address the key themes and losses caused by the pandemic and enrich children’s learning experiences.
- Interactive whiteboard player which shows scrolling notation and lyrics in time with audio.
- Song videos that children can join in with to help encourage regular singing and support teachers who may be pushed for time or feel anxious leading singing.
- Expert assembly plans and songs to explore themes and school calendar fixtures like Harvest and Christmas.
- Activity plans and songs to support cross-curricular lessons. Dive into a science, maths, history, or literacy topic with a song.
- Unlimited streaming and downloading for in and out of the classroom.
- Songs and resources for everyday singing, from routines like lining up, circle time and taking the register to playing singing games in the playground.
- Inclusive SEND resources from signed videos (BSL and Makaton), Clicker 5&6 and VOCA resources and Braille scores.
In order to take up the offer of subsidised Sing Up Membership please get in contact directly with Bradford Music & Arts Service by emailing email@example.com. Unlike previous years, Sing Up will now place the order on your behalf and then you will receive an invoice for a proportion of the cost.
|MEMBERSHIP PRODUCTS||Small Primary||Medium Primary||Large Primary||Full Age School||Small Secondary||Large Secondary|
|Price (ex VAT)||£155||£225||£285||£295||£150||£295|
|Costs for Bradford Schools (ex VAT)||£93||£135||£171||£177||£120||£177|
Please note that refunds cannot be given if an order is placed directly by the school at full price.
We look forward to welcoming your school.