Applications open for Creative Arts Camp 2022!
We are delighted to be welcoming application for Opera North’s Creative Arts Camp 2022 and we would really appreciate you sharing the message with your partners and families. The deadline for application is Friday 27 May.
Creative Arts Camp is a 5-day non-residential course of creative operatic exploration at the Howard Opera Centre, Leeds. Together we will explore Oscar Wilde’s story of The Selfish Giant and produce our own creative response, looking at script writing, vocals, designing, directing, and performing. No music experience or ability is required. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Dates: Monday 1 – Friday 5 August 2022
Times: 10.00am – 3.00pm
Location: Howard Opera Centre, Leeds (map)
To find out more and sign up please see our website here. Bursaries are available to support participation for all young people interested.
If you have any questions please get in touch directly with Emily Moss, Family Programme Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking for The Halle Youth concerts LIVE at The Bridgewater Hall on Tue 1 March, Wed 2 March and Thu 3 March is now open with the theme for 2022 being Citizenship. For more information, and details on how to book please click to visit the Halle website.
Primary Network Meeting – November 2021
Please click the link Primary Network Nov 21 – Slides to access the information that was shared as part of the Primary Network Meeting on 8 November 2021. Thank you for attending the meeting, and if you have any further questions please contact Fiona.Park@bradford.gov.uk
Bradford Music & Arts Service and IVE have joined forces to launch an exciting, unique offer, exclusively for 15 schools located in the Bradford District through the Artsmark award.
Artsmark award is a creative quality standard for education settings, accredited by Arts Council England, supporting settings to:
• Embed creativity in your school curriculum and drive whole school improvement
• Implement a wealth of creative experiences for your pupils, in turn building character, developing pupil voice, unlocking potential
• Provide pupils with access to the experiences and skills necessary to equip them for life
For more information, please follow the link: https://www.bradfordmusiconline.co.uk/site/schools/artsmark-school-improvement/
Discounted Sing Up Membership!
We’re writing to let you know that Bradford Music Education Hub is subsidising the cost of Sing Up Membership for schools (worth up to £295 plus VAT).
Singing aids learning, inspires creativity, creates strong communities and is a powerful medium to improve health and wellbeing and Sing Up offers the following benefits:
- Sing Up Music – a full year’s scheme of work for every age group up to age 11 to support a creative and active musical approach to lessons, connecting singing and playing, composing and improvising, listening and appraising.
- Access to Sing Up’s vast Song Bank, specially arranged to promote good vocal health for young voices. Filter by age, style, theme, scoring or music topic.
- Recovery curriculum resources, using songs to address the key themes and losses caused by the pandemic and enrich children’s learning experiences.
- Interactive whiteboard player which shows scrolling notation and lyrics in time with audio.
- Song videos that children can join in with to help encourage regular singing and support teachers who may be pushed for time or feel anxious leading singing.
- Expert assembly plans and songs to explore themes and school calendar fixtures like Harvest and Christmas.
- Activity plans and songs to support cross-curricular lessons. Dive into a science, maths, history, or literacy topic with a song.
- Unlimited streaming and downloading for in and out of the classroom.
- Songs and resources for everyday singing, from routines like lining up, circle time and taking the register to playing singing games in the playground.
- Inclusive SEND resources from signed videos (BSL and Makaton), Clicker 5&6 and VOCA resources and Braille scores.
In order to take up the offer of subsidised Sing Up Membership please get in contact directly with Bradford Music & Arts Service by emailing email@example.com. Unlike previous years, Sing Up will now place the order on your behalf and then you will receive an invoice for a proportion of the cost.
|MEMBERSHIP PRODUCTS||Small Primary||Medium Primary||Large Primary||Full Age School||Small Secondary||Large Secondary|
|Price (ex VAT)||£155||£225||£285||£295||£150||£295|
|Costs for Bradford Schools (ex VAT)||£93||£135||£171||£177||£120||£177|
Please note that refunds cannot be given if an order is placed directly by the school at full price.
We look forward to welcoming your school.