AUTUMN TERM 2021
SECONDARY MUSIC TEACHERS NETWORK MEETING
Monday 18 October 2021
Following the success of previous Network Meetings and feedback from schools, the Bradford Music Education Hub is pleased to announce the next date for the Secondary Music Teacher’s Network Meeting.
To register and receive the meeting code please contact email@example.com
Bradford based Secondary School staff that teach and/or coordinate Music in their schools.
When & Where:
Monday 18 October 2021 – 3:30pm – 5:00pm – Virtual Meeting
Introductions and school review
Music & Arts Update – Bradford Youth Choir and Rock Band
Key Stage 4 – Post Covid
If there is anything you would like to see or discuss at the network meeting, please let us know.
The MusicFirst Young Composers Competition is an annual competition open to students in the United Kingdom ages 11-18 who compose their own original scores.
Finalists will participate in a live, virtual Masterclass with renowned composer Judith Weir at 4:00 PM GMT on 18 November 2021, during which she will provide commentary on each of the finalists’ work and announce the winner of each category.
Talk to your Music Teacher about submitting a composition for consideration.
Two finalists and one winner will be selected from each of the three categories:
For further details of entry and submission guidelines visit: musicfirstyoungcomposers.co.uk
Discounted Sing Up Membership!
We’re writing to let you know that Bradford Music Education Hub is subsidising the cost of Sing Up Membership for schools (worth up to £295 plus VAT).
Singing aids learning, inspires creativity, creates strong communities and is a powerful medium to improve health and wellbeing and Sing Up offers the following benefits:
- Sing Up Music – a full year’s scheme of work for every age group up to age 11 to support a creative and active musical approach to lessons, connecting singing and playing, composing and improvising, listening and appraising.
- Access to Sing Up’s vast Song Bank, specially arranged to promote good vocal health for young voices. Filter by age, style, theme, scoring or music topic.
- Recovery curriculum resources, using songs to address the key themes and losses caused by the pandemic and enrich children’s learning experiences.
- Interactive whiteboard player which shows scrolling notation and lyrics in time with audio.
- Song videos that children can join in with to help encourage regular singing and support teachers who may be pushed for time or feel anxious leading singing.
- Expert assembly plans and songs to explore themes and school calendar fixtures like Harvest and Christmas.
- Activity plans and songs to support cross-curricular lessons. Dive into a science, maths, history, or literacy topic with a song.
- Unlimited streaming and downloading for in and out of the classroom.
- Songs and resources for everyday singing, from routines like lining up, circle time and taking the register to playing singing games in the playground.
- Inclusive SEND resources from signed videos (BSL and Makaton), Clicker 5&6 and VOCA resources and Braille scores.
In order to take up the offer of subsidised Sing Up Membership please get in contact directly with Bradford Music & Arts Service by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Unlike previous years, Sing Up will now place the order on your behalf and then you will receive an invoice for a proportion of the cost.
|Small Primary||Medium Primary||Large Primary||Full Age School||Small Secondary||Large Secondary|
Price (ex VAT)
Costs for Bradford Schools (ex VAT)
Please note that refunds cannot be given if an order is placed directly by the school at full price.
We look forward to welcoming your school.
We are delighted to let you know the Hallé’s dedicated set works concert, ‘Orchestra through the Ages’ will be performed live at The Bridgewater Hall on Tuesday 5th October 2021 at 13:45 and will also be available to view online from 1st – 30th November 2021. Booking is now open (Please see details below)
Created in collaboration with teachers and music educators across the country this concert provides a unique resource for pupils studying GCSE and A-level music.
Live Concert features:
- The development of the orchestra from the Renaissance to the present day
- Concert repertoire taken from the GCSE, AS and A’Level music syllabuses of the AQA. OCR, Edexcel and Eduqas/WJEC exam boards
- Analysis of some of the key works
Additional features with the online concert include:
- Insights into the role of the conductor and the musical journeys of the three RNCM student soloists
- Enjoy as a complete concert, or in bite-sized ‘chapters’ to enable learning in separate lessons and may be watched as a whole, or in ‘chapters’ as many times as you like between 1st and 30th November
- May be shared by the teacher with any student within the purchasing school.
We do hope you can join us!
The Hallé perform set works from the GCSE, AS and A-level music courses
Tuesday 5th October 2021 at 13:45 – 15:00 at The Bridgewater Hall
from Monday 1st November 2021 – 30th November 2021
The Hallé | Delyana Lazarova conductor | Tom Redmond presenter
featuring soloists from the Royal Northern College of Music
Chapter 1: The Founding Fathers
Giovanni Gabrieli – Sonata no.XIII
Johann Sebastian Bach – VII ‘Badinerie’ from Orchestral Suite No.2 in B minor
Joseph Haydn – Symphony No.104 in D, ‘London’ – First movement
Chapter 2: The Prodigies
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart – Clarinet Concerto in A – III Finale
Felix Mendelssohn Symphony No.4 in A, ‘Italian’ – First movement
Chapter 3: Romantics and Nationalism
Amy Beach – Gaelic Symphony in E minor – First Movement
Sibelius – ‘Lemminkäinen Suite’, Lemminkäinen’s Return
Chapter 4: 20th Century and beyond
Zoltan Kodaly – Hary Janos: Battle and Defeat of Napoleon and Intermezzo,
Terry Riley – In C
Hans Zimmer – Pirates of the Caribbean
BOOKING for LIVE CONCERT
Tickets £5.00 each (or £7.50 to include link to online concert)
To book tickets please contact The Bridgewater Hall Box Office on 0161 907 9010 or by emailing: Claire.email@example.com
BOOKING FOR ONLINE CONCERT
£100.00 PER SCHOOL (GM SCHOOLS £75.00) Available to view between 1st – 30th November 2021
To book the online concert www.halle.co.uk/setworks
Find out more:
Programme is correct at the time of publication
Hallé Concerts Society
The Bridgewater Hall