At Bradford Music & Arts Service, we are committed to ensuring that all of our practices undertaken are safe. To support schools in maintaining their Single Central Register, the Music & Arts service have in place safeguarding policies and procedures to ensure that all relevant pre-recruitment and ongoing checks are carried out on staff who visit schools and may have unsupervised access to pupils.
This is in line with requirements placed on schools and organisations working with them by ‘Keeping Children safe in Education’ with regards to our duties to safeguard and promote the welfare of young people.
Bradford Music & Arts Service confirm that our employment checks for all teaching staff include those listed below:
- Verification of identification checks
- Right to Work in the UK checks
- Where applicable, relevant qualification and registrations checks
- Employment history and reference checks
- An Enhanced DBS check with Barred List (if engaged in regulated activity)
- An Enhanced DBS check (if engaged in unregulated activity)
- All staff have a contractual obligation to inform the Music & Arts service if they receive a reprimand, final warning, caution or conviction by the Police or Courts whilst employed by City of Bradford MDC.
In addition, all staff:
- Partake in annual Safeguarding training covering Part 1 of KCSiE
- Are required to carry and to provide City of Bradford MDC photo identification which includes their DBS number and expiry date.
We collect and process data in line with data protection legislation, including the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR. We are aware that it is a breach of the DBS Code of Practice for registered bodies to share copies of DBS checks or any information contained in an employee’s disclosure with a third party. This personal information will be managed in line with the requirements of the current data protection regulations.