The purpose of The Music Service is to enrich and enhance the lives of children and the community of the district by actively supporting and developing education through music.
Music Education – A Guide For Governors
Cultural Education – A Guide For Governors (April 2016)
Music Arts Service Calendar 2017-18
Schools’ copyright update Spring 2015
National Plan for Music Education
Ofsted’s “Music in schools: what hubs must do
National Curriculum in England – Music Programmes of Study
Ofsted Update – Music Subject Visits in Schools
Music makes an important contribution to the life of every school and should be celebrated, promoted and encouraged. Make the most of music in your school.
The MUSIC Mark School Development and Support programme provides a framework for improving the quality of music in schools, within and beyond the curriculum. A new inspection framework requires schools to develop deep professional effectiveness which will result in further improvement in pupil learning.
The programme aims to:
- Recognise and promote high quality music teaching and learning;
- Help schools to improve the quality of music education;
- Help schools to reflect on their music education provision;
- Enhance musics contribution to children and young peoples spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and school improvement.
The programme provides:
- Advice, guidance and tailored support to improve outcomes;
- Access to expert resources and networks;
- Recognition through opportunities to share successes with other schools on the programme.
- Privileged access to specialist advisor to visit school and support development, planning and evaluation of music provision;
For further information, please contact MUSIC Mark email@example.com or 020 7864 9985.